How does bacteria and virus' get you sick?
How do you get better?
How can you prevent getting sick?
Each student or PAIR will choose a disease caused by a bacteria or virus and complete one of the following projects:
- Make a “WANTED” poster.
- Use 8.5” by 11” paper or larger. Poster board is max size. ONE sided.
- Color is a must.
- Make an informational pamphlet, flyer, or brochure. (flyers would be one-sided)
- . Use 8.5” by 11” paper in trifold form (for pamphlet).
- Color is a must.
- Make a 3D model of your bacteria or virus.
- . Major parts must be labeled.
- Model must be larger than a softball but smaller than a basketball.
- Must be accompanied by written report (see report info below)
- Make an informational video/i-movie.
- . 3 minutes minimum and 5 minutes maximum
- Needs to be more than a “talking head”.
- Make a PowerPoint presentation. 15 slides minimum
The project should include the following information:
- Disease name (1 pt)
- Genus species name of organism (1 pt)
- At least ONE photo (enlarged microscopic picture) or drawing. (3 pts.)
- Description of the microorganism (characteristics such as shape, organelles, motion, energy type (auto or hetero), oxygen requirements, reproduction, any special or unique characteristics) (3 pts.)
- How does the microorganism attack or transmits its disease? (2 pts.)
- What kind of victims do the microorganisms attack? (2 pts.)
- What are the symptoms or injuries done by the disease? (2 pts.)
- Is the microorganism considered dangerous? Rate the degree of damage done by this microorganism on a scale from 1 to 5 (1 = some discomfort to 5 = death). (2 pts.)
- How many victims does the microorganism infect per year/day/hour? (2 pts.)
- Is there any preventative measure, immunity or vaccine against the disease? How does one avoid ever getting it?? (2 pts.)
- What is the most effective treatment if you have the disease? (2 pts.)
- Works Cited Page